The Past, Present, and Future of the Kink.com Forums

edited December 2017 in General

Hi Kinky Forum friends,

Knowing how important these forums are to quite a few of you here, we'd like to ask each of you what you most enjoy about them currently. We'd also like to know what you don't like. What are things you would suggest to renew the forums?

It has come to our attention that the forums may need a revitalization. The differences between the activity in the forums a couple years ago and earlier versus now are fairly obvious but we want to hear your thoughts and feedback directly. We encourage you to share your input here on this post. Constructive and compassionate suggestions are eagerly welcomed.

We look forward to hearing your voice. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas!

Best,
Kink Technical Support and Forum Management

Comments

• gosh I'll need a few days to get my thoughts together!

Thanks for asking too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'll echo chatty...we need a day or two to ponder this so we can respond properly...

• Dear Kink Technical Support and Forum Management,

Thank you very much indeed for this question. Since the year 2009 I am now a Kink member and activ into the forums.

Earlier it was a little bit more activity into the forums.
    Why?
    Because we had Live Shows, the contact, discuss and feedback of the Kink directors and sometimes also excellent contact, discuss and feedback to Kink models. Kink directors and Kink models had written also into the Kink forums. At the last times I missed these parts very much.

For all I find that these Kink forums are very important and I find that "Kink Unlimited" is definately very fantastic.

Last but not least I missed for all the very devilish unique old concept of "The Training of O". The great old roots. Please read also: https://forums.kink.com/discussion/6056/why-you-are-a-kink-member#latest. Please retourn to the great and devilish old time of the training of o. Thanks a lot.

All the best.
    Best regards
    Have a very nice time
    Cooperative
    SirMastermind Peter

• Dear Kink Technical Support and Forum Management,

Perhaps the directors or for all the trainees can write a diaries into the forums.

All the best.
    Best regards
    Have a very nice time
    Cooperative
    SirMastermind Peter

• Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to consider this topic and provide input. We recognize that you all have been with us for quite some time and you are appreciated for it. We also know that things are quite different now than they were back then, and we're trying to adapt with you.

@SirMastermind,

Thank you for your input.

The fact that we no longer have live shows and the contact from directors and models has decreased has definitely come up in our consideration with the current forums. We acknowledge that these are largely missed factors.

We too feel that the Kink Forums are very important. It is gratifying to hear you are fond of the KinkUnlimited package as well :)

As far as TheTrainingofO - the old style scenes took a LOT of Moguls time in developing and executing. It was an extremely demanding channel for him to maintain at the rate he was producing for it and the style in which he was producing it in. Needless to say, it was not the most sustainable format and was extremely difficult to keep up with for just one director. We all love TheTrainingofOs old format, but its not the most simple thing to do at that rate. I do believe Mogul posted about this exact topic in the last year where he was very open about his experiences with TTOO. I will have to find it and share it with you when I have time.

Thank you for your suggestions and thoughts. They are greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration in our process of reinventing fun Kinky forums.

Best,
    Kink Tech and Forum Support

• Dear Kink Tech and Forum Support,

Thank you very much indeed for your answer.

I remember me also at an earlier forum where making polls was possible for Kink members. I think also that this part was great and excellent for the forums.

Founder and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Peter Acworth and Director Mr. James Mogul was definatily great and excellent developers of TheTrainingofO and TheUpperFloor. I think it would be fantastic to see a combination of a trainee for us Kink members into the future.
    First trainings day of a trainee: TheTrainingofO
    Second trainings day of a trainee: WhippedAss
    Third trainings day of a trainee: TheUpperFloor
    Final trainings day of a trainee: A combination of TheTrainingofO with WhippedAss

I understand also Mr. James Mogul that it is very hard for him to produce TTOO on a high level but it was very fantastic to see the developement of a trainee with all the variants and diversity of dominance and submission. Thanks a lot.

All the best.
    Best regards
    Have a very nice time
    Cooperative
    SirMastermind Peter

• yeah ive been here a few years now(3 i think) and even in that time its up and down for activity....i do agree maybe more information from directors/models here, even if you guys have them write something bout the next shoot and post it on the day of release or something like that, it doesn't need to be a diary of sorts just something like a teaser(like the end of videos when you ask them questions about the shoot)

• Alexandra and I came here initially to see what kinds of activities we could learn about...we met some interesting people and exchanged some interesting ideas, all done anonymously and with no judgments being made...

We made some good friends here although most of them are gone now.

Being women here is a rarity and we had a few problems with men once or twice but the management took care of that quickly.

We also enjoyed talking with people like Ariel and always enjoy her...

I don't visit here as frequently as I did in the past because most of the people we exchanged things with are no longer here...but it is still a fun place to visit and learn things.

We hope that the forums remain active and perhaps will become a little more active in the way they were in the past.

Sonia

• A month ago a Kink member asked me privately "Why aren't the forums fun anymore?" and "Can this be fixed?"

I responded:
    "Kink membership is probably down." (No malice intended)
    "Everyone is now busier and Kink is competing with Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Amazon, ebay, Netflix, for folk's time. Every cable TV channel has it's own content now.
    Folks are busy binge watching "King of Thrones" not S&S.
    I prefer S&S binge watching.
    I believe it was ArielX posting on the US thread recently: "Sorry I haven't been here much. You've got a better chance of catching me on Twitter."

Unfortunately, my response to the question was: No, not really.
    The internet scene is changing very rapidly.

Creating a Kink Director's thread would be nice. Each Kink site could have a Kink employee discuss the site's mission and it's future plans. I said "Kink employee" because I think Kink directors are pretty busy with multiple sites.
    This thread could be publicised on Kink lead pages.

• Dear everyone,

I think we should move on the direction of Artificial Intelligence.
    Please read also Kink.coms founder and CEO Mr. Peter Acworth: http://www.xbiz.com/news/216334/acworth-kinkcoms-future-will-rely-on-artificial-intelligence

I have start here also a new Kink Blog: Kink.com 2.0 https://forums.kink.com/discussion/6059/ttoo-blog-member-s-fantasy-kink-com-2-0#latest

All the best.
    Best regards
    Have a very nice time
    Cooperative
    SirMastermind Peter

• My friend Sonia gave a good answer! I'm still here doing my best but she's right...so many of the old members are gone...but it's still fun and I'll keeps posting here until they make me leave!

• I enjoy reading the Forums. I know that I*m not online as much as I used to be, but still like to read how everyone is. A big hello to all my friends and a thank you to all the staff at Kink for what you do and the assistance you have always given me.

• Hi Mr. CU!!!!! :smiley:

• edited December 2017

Hi everyone!

We super appreciate the time you all spent sharing your thoughts with us about the Kink Forums. We have definitely observed all of the same exact points you all brought up, so glad to confirm that we're on the same page here.

I'm curious to know what you all think of this other section we have that is forum-like. It is not as extensive as these forums, but can potentially serve as something similar. Would any of you mind taking a moment to browse through it to see what you think? We can also add in other community topics to help broaden chat. You can check it out here - https://kink.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

We're just trying to collect as much information as we can about what makes the forums popular and not so popular. There isn't much we can do about bringing previously active members back necessarily, but we can explore different avenues of format, user interface, and other factors to see what helps improve activity.

The suggestions made about involvement from directors and other kink staff has been previously discussed among us as well, so we may look into options for how to make this possible.

Thanks again for your contributions :) I look forward to hearing back about what you think of the Community Topics page.

• Hi guys...I took a look at that page you recommended...are there instructions that go with it? I'm not sure how it works to be honest.

Chatty

• Hi everyone, I'm excited for the new year i just renewed my membership for kinkunlimited I've been a member for a long time. I just wanted to put my opinion on some suggestions, I don't know about everyone else but my favorite sites for the past couple of years have been EButt, FuckingMachines, WhippedAss, Electrosluts, followed by DB and Hogtied and on occasion USurender. I know that having to put new content out requires alot of work, but when the sites that I enjoyed went from 1 update a week to 1 every two weeks I was a little disappointed but I understood why. But when ElectroSluts gave up I was a little more disappointed. I personally would love to see more from FuckingMachines and Whipped Ass. I'm wondering if in the future we might could get more lesbian content from these sites. I feel like the scenes are good we just need more of it. I for one even enjoy WiredPussy. It just sucks losing ElectroSluts. I know the new wave of other content is meant to add more to the mix, I like the scenes coming from StraponSquad it just doesn't compare to that from Kink. I also have a few ideas for future scenes and I'm really hoping that eventually FuckingMachines gets back to its glory days, the models are great its just been a bit plain to me. I will say that EverythingButt has been top knotch as of late, and WhippedAss has had some great stuff as well. Also I have a question as to why ElectroSluts gave up. Their was a few really good scenes followed by a couple that were lacking. I'm looking forward though to some great stuff coming soon.

• Dear everyone,
    Dear ncdaddy123,

You say it right.
    WhippedAss, EverythingButt, PublicDisgrace, HC Gangbang, BoundGangbangs, ... are depending of great stories.

... and for example Kink.com could make Hogtied and DeviceBondage much more interest if they use more lesbian content and also active cocks. (I remember me at the good old times of the Live Shows).

All the best.
    Best regards
    Have a very nice time
    Cooperative
    SirMastermind Peter

• this has turned into a commentary on the Kink products instead of suggestions about the forums...

• I apologize if i had misread the forum i thought this thread was meant to talk about the future of kink.com and suggestions for next year.

• nothing to apologize for NC! :smile: