So is the Documentary film that's probably no longer in film festivals known as Kink going to DVD?

So James Franco and Christina has done a superb job on the Kink documentary, and I rather did enjoy it very much at the Sundance festival previously in its premiere release in the beginning, but often I have to wonder, will this fab doc actually go to DVD with the potential possibility of having special features, maybe subtitles with HD quality sound options, deleted scenes, outtakes/bloopers, etc.? It should totally do that, plus maybe in 10 years it should have its own 10th Anniversary Special Edition copy, and maybe a Director's Cut/Unrated version as well someday.

Should we dare ask if they can make it a DVD and sell it worldwide? I mean, it's obvious the shitty 50 Shades film is going to be on DVD after a few months in 2015, which I'm not looking forward to, but it couldn't hurt to have the Kink.com documentary on DVD - I mean, after all, Insex.com has had its own documentary called "Sexual Graphic Horror" which also ended up on DVD with special edition status and so forth featured by Barbara Bell, but we demand a DVD version asap! It's been over a year already lol. Or was it a year? I don't know.

But come on guys, pretty please make a DVD! If I have to, I'll do a insane bet that will obviously involve some sort of a bondage game, maybe an ice bucket challenge while tied up and gagged (Water Bondage style lol) and if I don't survive it, I will receive the infamous Slap Bet to the face as invented by the cast of "How I Met Your Mother", thus postponing an potential DVD release of the doc live on the internet lol. But if I do survive it, say 24 hours or 48 hours, then you gotta put the doc on DVD asap lol. And you have my permission to put the film of me surviving the bondage games bet on the DVD as well as a introduction to the Kink.com documentary lol. Just an idea.

Blessed Be,
Christy Serpentine.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    possibly u r expecting someone from KINK to respond (which is doubtful but not entirely out of the question) or maybe they have already.....
    in any case here is an honest opinion from a Kinky voyeur viewing/using KINK products for 10+ yrs.... i'll take 1st 'crack'
    Kink does not have a large marketing dept for individual vids (imo)
    especially those that r produced thru the co-operation of KINK facilities and/or approval thereof.....
    Mostly they depend on KOD market to self-promote their products
    and of course 'Partnerships' u can apply for thru the Webmasters Link
    @ bottom of the KINK web-pages other than the Forum sites
    here u can use this
    https://aff.kinkydollars.com/
    which is quote
    "Kinky Dollars is the affiliate program of Kink.com and KinkMen.com, producers of the absolute best and most authentic BDSM and fetish websites on the internet, including 25+ individual subscription websites, KinkLive.com and KinkOnDemand.com."

u should visit it (if u or anyone has not done so and/or ur not aware of....)

other Forum members may have other differing opinions lets c how ur suggestion 'fairs'
    in the 'foray' that may ensue.....

seriously, hopefully a KINK rep will respond....

......Kink-On......
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The short form is:
    1- Kink has never produced a "DVD". Mp4, yes.
    2- Kink probably doesn't have commercial rights to that work, unfortunately. So we'll never see it. Several have asked about this Indie production.
    I'll look into the Mp4 format of the Kink doc - you know where I can find it?

possibly u r expecting someone from KINK to respond (which is doubtful but not entirely out of the question) or maybe they have already.....
    in any case here is an honest opinion from a Kinky voyeur viewing/using KINK products for 10+ yrs.... i'll take 1st 'crack'
    Kink does not have a large marketing dept for individual vids (imo)
    especially those that r produced thru the co-operation of KINK facilities and/or approval thereof.....
    Mostly they depend on KOD market to self-promote their products
    and of course 'Partnerships' u can apply for thru the Webmasters Link
    @ bottom of the KINK web-pages other than the Forum sites
    here u can use this
    https://aff.kinkydollars.com/
    which is quote
    "Kinky Dollars is the affiliate program of Kink.com and KinkMen.com, producers of the absolute best and most authentic BDSM and fetish websites on the internet, including 25+ individual subscription websites, KinkLive.com and KinkOnDemand.com."

u should visit it (if u or anyone has not done so and/or ur not aware of....)

other Forum members may have other differing opinions lets c how ur suggestion 'fairs'
    in the 'foray' that may ensue.....

seriously, hopefully a KINK rep will respond....

......Kink-On......
    gatormanx, I'll definitely look into it some more. Thanks again.
  • simple. whoever does own the rights to the kink doc, team up w/ 50 shades and make it a bonus package when the dvd does come out, 'best of both worlds'. the core of the benefits is a simple 1. 50 shades will get the authenticity it greatly lacks, justifying the movie, and possible future kink films. kink (whoever has the rights) gets the wide spread exposure to a ridiculously powerful market, suburbanite housewives. even if only a fraction want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes, it's a huge win. correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't simone sonay, veronica avluv, and syren de mer swingers/housewives?

never read the book, but lots of negativity from real kinksters. kink.com may be able to orchestrate the dvd package since there is obviously a growing fascination in mainstream culture for bdsm. right now nobody does it better, or is as well known as kink.com

good luck.
  • WATCHED IT YESTERDAY YOU CAN FIND IT ON TORRENT SITES.....AFTER THE CANNES PREMIERE JAMES FRANCO PRODUCTION TEAM HASN'T RELEASED IT FOR SALE WHICH IS KEEPING IN LINE WITH HIS PRODUCTION TEAMS M.O. WHEN IT CAME TO A GENERAL HOSPITAL THE SOAP OPERA MOCKUMENTAURY THAT TOOK OVER 3 YEARS FROM PREMIERE TO BE RELEASED.